"I just had my first examination, set of dental x-rays and cleaning with Asheville Holistic Dentist"
Asheville Holistic Dentist uses digital x-ray technology for accurate dental x-rays with reduced radiation exposure. Diagnose dental issues and create personalized treatment plans with us.
What do Dental X-rays reveal?
Dental X-rays are an essential tool in modern dentistry. They allow dentists to see beyond the surface of a tooth, providing valuable information about the health of your teeth and gums. With the use of Digital X-Rays, Dr. Pang is able to examine your teeth thoroughly, without causing any discomfort or pain.
Dr. Pang has carefully selected a Digital X-ray system that uses sensors, instead of traditional x-ray film. This technology has revolutionized the way dentists take x-rays, as it uses up to 80% less radiation than traditional x-ray film. This means that your exposure to radiation is minimized, while still providing Dr. Pang with a rapid, clear insight into your dental health.
Digital X-rays are not only safer for patients, but also more efficient for dentists. The images produced by digital x-rays are clearer and more detailed than those produced by traditional film x-rays. This allows Dr. Pang to make more accurate diagnoses and develop more effective treatment plans.
In addition, digital x-rays are more environmentally friendly than traditional x-rays, as they do not require the use of hazardous chemicals for processing. This means that they are a more sustainable and responsible choice for dental practices.
The use of digital x-rays is a significant advancement in dental technology that benefits both patients and dentists alike. By choosing Dr. Pang for your dental needs, you can rest assured that you are receiving the highest quality care, backed by the latest in dental technology.
We do not take digital x-rays at every appointment.
During your initial visit, we will conduct a comprehensive dental examination to evaluate your oral health. This will include a full set of dental digital x-rays to help us assess the condition of your teeth and gums. If you have had x-rays taken recently, we would be happy to request their transfer from your previous dentist via email. Furthermore, we will perform a risk assessment to determine when future x-rays may be necessary based on your individual dental health needs. Our goal is to provide you with the best possible care and treatment plan to ensure optimal oral health and a beautiful smile for years to come.
What do x-rays detect?
By using digital radiographs, we can reveal a wide range of issues that may not be invisible to the naked eye. These include:
- Bone Loss: X-rays can help us detect any loss of bone density, which may be a sign of periodontal disease.
- Decay: X-rays help us identify any decay or cavities that may be present in the teeth, especially in areas that are difficult to see with the naked eye.
- Tumors: X-rays can help us detect any tumors or growths that may be present in the mouth or jawbone.
- Cysts: X-rays can also help us identify any cysts that may be present in the jawbone or surrounding tissues.
- Fractures: X-rays are very useful in detecting fractures or breaks in the teeth or jawbone.
- Tooth Root Health: X-rays allow us to examine the health of the tooth roots and identify any issues that may be present.
- Abscesses: X-rays can help us detect any abscesses or infections that may be present in the teeth or gums.
- Ligament Damage: X-rays can also help us identify any damage to the ligaments that support the teeth.
- Erosion: X-rays can help us detect any erosion or loss of tooth structure that may be caused by acid reflux or other conditions.
- Misalignment: Finally, X-rays can also be used to identify any misalignments or bite problems that may be present.