Gum Disease Affects Almost 50% of the American Population!
- An Estimated 47.2% of Americans Have Periodontitis*.
- 64.7 Million Americans Over the Age of 30 Have Some Degree of Gum Disease.
- Gum Disease Affects More Men Than Women - 56.4% vs. 38.4%.
- Smokers Are At A Greater Risk of Developing Gum Disease, With 64.2% Battling the Disease.
Deep Pocket Therapy With Lightwalker by Fotona
Dr. Pang is proud to offer advanced laser gum therapy that treats moderate to severe periodontal disease without a scalpel or sutures. The Deep Pocket Therapy with New Attachment procedure utilizes the Lightwalker by Fotona to perform incision-free gum disease treatment that results in little to no discomfort or post-operative pain. The procedure is designed to reduce the depth of the pockets between the teeth while removing calculus and bacteria that cause gum disease.
*P.I. Eke, B.A. Dye, L. Wei, G.O. Thornton-Evans, and R.J. Genco. Prevalence of Periodontitis in Adults in the United States: 2009 and 2010. J DENT RES 0022034512457373, first published on August 30, 2012, as doi:10.1177/0022034512457373.
Many People Procrastinate On Treating Their Periodontal Disease Due to Fear of Pain, Inconvenient Recovery Time or Cost.
What Can I Expect During The Procedure
The Deep Pocket Therapy & New Attachment procedure is a minimally invasive laser procedure that does not require cutting or stitches. Our patients report little to no downtime after the procedure and minimal - if any - discomfort or soreness. Laser gum therapy allows us to treat your periodontal disease without fear of gum recession, pain or time off of work.
- Laser light eliminates bacteria from the pockets
- Laser stimulates regeneration of bone to reduce pocket depth
- Removes calculus and inflamed tissue
- Does all of this without a scalpel or sutures!
If you would like to find out if you're a candidate for laser gum therapy or if you'd like to schedule a consultation with Dr. Pang, call us at (828) 274-3882 today!
What Else Can The Lightwalker by Fotona Do?
- Gingival Recontouring
- Bone Smoothing
- Cavity Preparation
- Tooth Exposure
- Crown Lengthening
- Root Canals
- Caries Removal